We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Input box

I am using an inputbox to allow the user to input some value. If the user doesnt enter anything and clicks OK Button, i want to display a message box asking for input and show the same input box again. If the user doesnt enter anything and clicks cancel button, then no messagebox to be displayed. How do i get through this?

3 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 11:44 AM UTC

Listen to the OK button's click event, and if a valid value is not in the textbox, fire a message box and then set the focus back to the textbox; otherwise close the dialog by setting it's DialogResult value approriately. Note that the DialogResult property for this button control should be set to None. -Praveen

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 11:56 AM UTC

Example: private void okButton_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if(this.textBox1.Text == String.Empty) MessageBox.Show("Invalid value entered."); else this.DialogResult = DialogResult.OK; }

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 12:12 PM UTC

Here is another way of doing it: private void TextBox_Validating(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { if (!this.cancelButton_.Focused) { // Do this only when the cancel button is not clicked. if(invalidState) e.Cancel = true; } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon