We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hidden Columns cause BUG

Hello, I am using a dataBound grid and in the initializer method, I am specifying a large number of columns to hide. What I have is about 30 columns, but when the form initializes I want the user to only see 7 columns. Here is the kicker, if the width of all of the columns does not cover the entire space that the grid is supposed to occupy, the entire grid dissapears (including columnHeaders, RowHeaders, scrollbars, etc.) as if the control didn't exist at all. In my example, I have set the grid to Dock.Fill in a panel. I got the error to occur where upon initilization I see a flash of the grid control's scrollbars and then it dissapears. I then manually commented out individual lines of code that were meant to cause columns to be hidden. I kept allowing more an more columns to be unhidden and eventually figured out that the grid will initialize and stay visible as long as all the columns cover the width of the panel. So if I only had 5 columns, and there was blank space off to the right, then during initilization the grid dissappears. I can hide and show columns all day long during runtime and the same bug does not occur. If someone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time! ~Bryan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2003 10:08 PM UTC

Attached is a sample that does not seem to have this problem. How does it differ from what you are doing?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon