We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC: filter bar on nested tables

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to setup my GGC to use filter bar in the nested table.

There is the same initialization code for the top level table and the nested table. Top level filter bar works fine, but in the nested table it causes an unexpected behavior. Filters in GGC are initialized like that:
this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ObjectName"].AllowFilter = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.ChildGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;
GridTableDescriptor tableDescriptor = this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("Instances");
tableDescriptor.Columns["InstanceName"].AllowFilter = true;
tableDescriptor.Columns["InstanceTag"].AllowFilter = true;
I expand any row in the top level table. Then I select any value in the filter bar of nested table to get one row filtered.
And then when i try to go back to view all records and select (All) in that filter it does not work properly. The number of items displayed on the top of table is correct but not all items are actually displayed.
The project that shows what I mean is atteched to this post.

There were other posts about filter bars in this forum. The sample project given in "GGC Filter Nested Tables" (http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=41133) shows similar behavior. There are only one row in the nested table per each record on the top level. Add more rows and try to apply filters...

Should I setup my grid somehow else to make it work properly?

Thak you

GridGroupingNestedFilter.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2006 05:03 PM UTC

Hi Alexander,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, this is a known issue and we have filed a defect on this. The progress of this issue can be tracked from the below link.

The filter bar is not working properly for nested tables and child groups

Thanks,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon