We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Summary column format

I have two summary rows and I am trying to set the format and text alignment of specific columns on the summary when the ggc load.

I am setting the format and text alignment when before I add the summary column to the summary row like below

WeeksSpotsSummaryColumn.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.Format = "#,##0;($#,##0);";

row = new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("SummaryRow", WeeksSpotsSummaryColumn);
row.Visible = true;
this.gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add(row);

this is not working? Please help

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2006 09:48 AM UTC

Hi James,

The GridSummaryColumnDescriptor.Format property used to format the text displayed in the summary column. A format string consists of the propertyname of the summaryType and the format specifier known form String.Format, e.g ({Average: ##.00}).

You can use the HorizontalAlignment property to align the text in summary cell. Below is a code snippet.

GridSummaryColumnDescriptor sd = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor();
sd.DataMember= "Quantity";
sd.DisplayColumn = "Quantity";
sd.Format = "{Sum: #,##0;($#,##0)}";

sd.Appearance.AnySummaryCell.HorizontalAlignment = GridHorizontalAlignment.Center;
sd.SummaryType = SummaryType.DoubleAggregate;

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add(new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("Quantity", "Sum :", sd));

Thanks,
Haneef

JA jamesb September 28, 2006 05:02 PM UTC

Thanks for your help

how else would i have know that these two are not the same...

sSpotsSummaryColumn.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.Format = "#,##0;($#,##0);";

SummaryColumn..Format = "#,##0;($#,##0);";

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon