We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

symbol diagram and embedded controls

Currently, I have a license for 4.2.0.37 essential studio.

I want to use essential diagram to create symbols with an embedded listbox or combobox.

I have looked at controls galore and have tried to use the symbol designer to read its edp file but get the error: parse error,no type associated with XML key a1 syncfusion.windows.form.diagram.controlnode Syncfusion.base version 3.201.0.0, culture =neutral,publickeytoken=3d67ed1f87d44c89.

I have tried to create new symbols with an embedded control node. Currently, I can create a rectangle. But, I do not know the steps to create a control node in symbol designer. I want to associate a list box with rectangle. I click outside of the rectangle and enter my new class name (customlistbox) in the pluginClass property. I then select controlnode from the drop down and expect that I can associate my controlnode with the rectange. I would expect to see a bounding box so that I can associate the controlnode to my rectangle.

I have also tried 4.3.0.30.

help.

thanks

Ray

2 Replies

RA Ray September 26, 2006 10:56 PM UTC

OK, I figured it out.
(** The subject should read symbol designer and control node)

The red bounding box that displays or indicates the control node was off my screen to the right. When I set my magnification to 25% I could see it. I am not sure why that is happening.

Ray

>
Currently, I have a license for 4.2.0.37 essential studio.

I want to use essential diagram to create symbols with an embedded listbox or combobox.

I have looked at controls galore and have tried to use the symbol designer to read its edp file but get the error: parse error,no type associated with XML key a1 syncfusion.windows.form.diagram.controlnode Syncfusion.base version 3.201.0.0, culture =neutral,publickeytoken=3d67ed1f87d44c89.

I have tried to create new symbols with an embedded control node. Currently, I can create a rectangle. But, I do not know the steps to create a control node in symbol designer. I want to associate a list box with rectangle. I click outside of the rectangle and enter my new class name (customlistbox) in the pluginClass property. I then select controlnode from the drop down and expect that I can associate my controlnode with the rectange. I would expect to see a bounding box so that I can associate the controlnode to my rectangle.

I have also tried 4.3.0.30.

help.

thanks

Ray

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 27, 2006 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Ray,

1.Thanks for your interest in Essential Diagram. Glad to hear that this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this issue.

2.We regret for the inconvenience caused. I have tested the "control node was off the screen" issue in v.4.2.0.37 and 4.3.0.30. I am afraid , I was not able to reproduce this issue. If your intention is to display the control node in a particular point then please comment the existing ctrlnode.Bounds line and set the new X , Y points to the control node. Please refer the following code snippet

// please comment this line
//ctrlnode.Bounds = new RectangleF((float)this.diagram.Controller.MouseLocation.X,(float)this.diagram.Controller.MouseLocation.Y,200,100);

// Add this line
ctrlnode.Bounds=new RectangleF(new PointF(200,100),new SizeF(200,100));

Please let me know if this helps for you.If this doesn''t helps please give us some more details about your requirement or provide us the sample to reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon