We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expression column. Can't use aggregate function.

Hi, When I tryed to create expresion column using some relation navigation ( Child keyword ) , the following exception was thrown : An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.EvaluateException' occurred in system.data.dll Additional information: Unbound reference in the aggregate expression 'Sum(child.[Cost])'. Could someone suggest how to use expresion columns correctly ?

3 Replies

SO sore_ron July 2, 2003 09:33 AM UTC

Did you find an answer to this problem ?. I have a similar problem when trying to use the max function. > Hi, > > When I tryed to create expresion column using some relation navigation ( Child keyword ) , the following exception was thrown : > > An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.EvaluateException' occurred in system.data.dll > > Additional information: Unbound reference in the aggregate expression 'Sum(child.[Cost])'. > > Could someone suggest how to use expresion columns correctly ?

TL Tim Lloyd July 28, 2003 08:30 PM UTC

As far as I can see, you have to add the column 'after' you have filled your dataset. If you try to add it before there is any data, it doesn't like it. Like many things in ADO.NET, it doesn't act nicely, or give you an error message that would give a good clue as to what's going on when it pukes... Tim. > > Hi, > > When I tryed to create expresion column using some relation navigation ( Child keyword ) , the following exception was thrown : > > An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.EvaluateException' occurred in system.data.dll > > Additional information: Unbound reference in the aggregate expression 'Sum(child.[Cost])'. > > Could someone suggest how to use expresion columns correctly ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2004 01:40 PM UTC

This worked for me. Thanks. It would be nice to know why it fails. > As far as I can see, you have to add the column 'after' you have filled your dataset. If you try to add it before there is any data, it doesn't like it. > > Like many things in ADO.NET, it doesn't act nicely, or give you an error message that would give a good clue as to what's going on when it pukes... > > Tim. > > > > Hi, > > > > When I tryed to create expresion column using some relation navigation ( Child keyword ) , the following exception was thrown : > > > > An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.EvaluateException' occurred in system.data.dll > > > > Additional information: Unbound reference in the aggregate expression 'Sum(child.[Cost])'. > > > > Could someone suggest how to use expresion columns correctly ? >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon