We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Computed column in dataset not visible in ggc GridRecord object

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

49542 Sep 20,2006 07:06 PM Sep 21,2006 03:00 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Grouping
jamesb
Asked On September 20, 2006 07:06 PM

I have a dataset that I later add a computed column to... like in the code below. This dataset is then bounded to the ggc. However, I noticed that this column is not showing in the GridRecord object of the grid. What am I missing?

DataSet ds = SupportDB.Test_GetSpot();

DataColumn dcTotal = new DataColumn("Total", System.Type.GetType("System.Decimal"), "([Qty] * [Rate])");
dsSpot.Tables[0].Columns.Add(dcTotal);

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 21, 2006 01:07 AM

Hi James,

I was not able to reprodue this problem here, please see the attached sample that works fine in displaying expression column in grid.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCUpdate_36263e39.zip

If this did not help, please update us with a sample project showing the problem.

Thanks,
Haneef

jamesb
Replied On September 21, 2006 12:42 PM

The only difference between this sample and what I am doing is that I am populating the dataset first and then adding the computed column later after the dataset population. This sample is defining the datatable columns and then manually populating the datatable. Could this be the culprit?

>Hi James,

I was not able to reprodue this problem here, please see the attached sample that works fine in displaying expression column in grid.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCUpdate_36263e39.zip

If this did not help, please update us with a sample project showing the problem.

Thanks,
Haneef

jamesb
Replied On September 21, 2006 03:00 PM

My bad... I saw my mistake... you''re right!

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;