We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using SelectedIndex

Hi,
I want to get the selected node (not using onselect event) after clicking a commandbutoon. I found the property SelectedIndex. How I can use it to get the reference of SelectedNode.
Please provide me solution. Its urgent.

Thanks,
Sandeep

6 Replies

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team September 19, 2006 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

Could you please tell us which version of Essential Studio you are using? This was a bug in 4.2 which has been fixed in the 4.3 beta version.

You can download it at
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.3.0.30/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe

Regards,
Bhuvana

SA Sandeep September 19, 2006 07:58 AM UTC

Hi Bhuvana,
I am actually using 4.2.0.0 version.
Is there not any other way I can use it. Because for now I cannot update to the version 4.3.

Thanks,
Sandeep

SA Sandeep September 19, 2006 08:01 AM UTC

Hi Bhuvana,
I am actually using 4.2.0.0 version.
Is there not any other way I can use it. Because for now I cannot update to the version 4.3.

Thanks,
Sandeep

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team September 19, 2006 08:11 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

There is no work around to get the selected node in 4.2.

Regards,
Bhuvana

SA Sandeep September 20, 2006 07:02 AM UTC

Hi,
Anyway thanks for your support.

Now want to tell my exact problem to you.

I want to design the form it in such a way that there will be the Grid and TreeView controls. I want to drag the the row from the Grid and drop it on any node of Treeview. Will it be possible to get me any event after dropping on TreeView?
If I can use it in 4.3 version then I can go for the 4.3 version too.
Atleast I should be able to set attributes at the TreeViewNode like TreeviewNode1.Attribules.Add("somethingVariable","Value"), then I can develop this functionality (drag drop grid-to-treeview) myself. But I dont found Attributes property in the 4.2 version. Is it available in 4.3? Or is there any other way to do it?
Please provide the solution, its urgent.

Thanks,
Sandeep

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team September 20, 2006 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

In 4.3, we have Value property in TreeViewNode. Dragging and dropping within or inbetween two Treeview controls is supported in 4.3.

Dragging and dropping between different controls (between Treeview and another control) is not yet supported.

Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon