We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Issue on deriving tabcontrol 4.202.0.37

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

49384 Sep 18,2006 08:42 AM Sep 21,2006 05:41 AM General Discussion 2
Tags: General Discussion
Holger Leichsenring
Asked On September 18, 2006 08:42 AM

Hi,

I got a problem on the derivation of a tabcontrol.

I derived the tabcontrol, tabpage and tabpagecollection. I tried to override the TabPages Property of the derived TabControl

public override TabPageAdvCollection TabPages
{
get
{ return m_tabPageCollection; }
}
If I add an item to this collection the tabcontrol immediatly tries to repaint itself. This try fails because of an index error (index out of bounds). In my collection the item is contained but it seems that the tabcontrol got its own collection and does not use my one.

How can I force the tabcontrol to use my instance of the collection? If this is not the cause of the error, can you please give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Holger

Mano J [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 18, 2006 10:49 AM

Hi Holger,

We will check this issue and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Mano

Holger Leichsenring
Replied On September 21, 2006 05:41 AM

Hi,

could you find the problem? Maybe it is not possible to replace the original collection in the tabcontrol? That would it make difficult to derive that control if you want to add new features to the tabpages also.

thanks again,

Holger

Hi,

I got a problem on the derivation of a tabcontrol.

I derived the tabcontrol, tabpage and tabpagecollection. I tried to override the TabPages Property of the derived TabControl

public override TabPageAdvCollection TabPages
{
get
{ return m_tabPageCollection; }
}
If I add an item to this collection the tabcontrol immediatly tries to repaint itself. This try fails because of an index error (index out of bounds). In my collection the item is contained but it seems that the tabcontrol got its own collection and does not use my one.

How can I force the tabcontrol to use my instance of the collection? If this is not the cause of the error, can you please give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Holger

>Hi Holger,

We will check this issue and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Mano

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;