We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue on deriving tabcontrol 4.202.0.37

Hi,

I got a problem on the derivation of a tabcontrol.

I derived the tabcontrol, tabpage and tabpagecollection. I tried to override the TabPages Property of the derived TabControl

public override TabPageAdvCollection TabPages
{
get
{ return m_tabPageCollection; }
}
If I add an item to this collection the tabcontrol immediatly tries to repaint itself. This try fails because of an index error (index out of bounds). In my collection the item is contained but it seems that the tabcontrol got its own collection and does not use my one.

How can I force the tabcontrol to use my instance of the collection? If this is not the cause of the error, can you please give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Holger

2 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 18, 2006 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Holger,

We will check this issue and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Mano

HL Holger Leichsenring September 21, 2006 09:41 AM UTC

Hi,

could you find the problem? Maybe it is not possible to replace the original collection in the tabcontrol? That would it make difficult to derive that control if you want to add new features to the tabpages also.

thanks again,

Holger

Hi,

I got a problem on the derivation of a tabcontrol.

I derived the tabcontrol, tabpage and tabpagecollection. I tried to override the TabPages Property of the derived TabControl

public override TabPageAdvCollection TabPages
{
get
{ return m_tabPageCollection; }
}
If I add an item to this collection the tabcontrol immediatly tries to repaint itself. This try fails because of an index error (index out of bounds). In my collection the item is contained but it seems that the tabcontrol got its own collection and does not use my one.

How can I force the tabcontrol to use my instance of the collection? If this is not the cause of the error, can you please give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Holger

>Hi Holger,

We will check this issue and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon