We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Strange behavior in NumericUpDown cells

Hi,
I''ve got a grid which uses NumericUpDown cells (the ones integrated in GGC) to show some numbers. Whenever they change, I process some information relating to it.
However, if the user enters a very big number (such as 99999999), the cell turns into a bunch of zeroes and there''s no way to change it until I recreate the grid using other parts of the application.
Is this a known bug? Is there any way to solve it? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 18, 2006 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Alejandro,

To avoid this from happening, you can handle the TableControlCurrentCellValidateString event of the grid. This event gets fired for each keystroke; so you can cancel this event by setting e.Cancel to true when the entered number is greater than the limit. Below is the code snippet.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellValidateString(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellValidateStringEventArgs e)
{
double d;
double.TryParse(e.Inner.Text, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.Any, null, out d);
if(d > 999999)
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
}

FYI, you can use this GridNumericUpDownCellModel.AcceptAlphaKeys property, this lets you specify whether the NumericUpDown cell should accept Alpha keys.

GridNumericUpDownCellModel cm = (GridNumericUpDownCellModel) this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.CellModels["NumericUpDown"];
cm.AcceptAlphaKeys = false;

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon