We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridListControl Sorting Capability

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

4927 Jun 9,2003 10:43 AM Jan 7,2004 06:41 PM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Bob Towle
Asked On June 9, 2003 10:43 AM

I've finally got a GridListControl working like I want with alternating background colors, hidden columns, etc. Thanks for the great postings. I'm in need of the GridListCOntrol to support column sorting. I viewed your example file of the Microsoft ListView performing this, but I also saw that you were expecting this capability to be included in future releases. Can you offer a status, or advice? I'd also like to utilize some form of incremental search depending on what column is clicked with a timer that would clear out the input string after a few seconds and start from the beginning. Any advice or working code (vb.net please if possible, C# makes my head hurt) to accomodate this would be much appreciated.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 9, 2003 12:03 PM

Have you thought about using a GridDataBoundGrid with the ListBoxSelectionMode property set? That way, you get sorting without additional work (as long as your datasource supports sorting). (If you don't want the current cell to be colored differently than the rest of the row, hanlde the CurrentCellActivating event and in it, set e.ColIndex = 0).

Aaron Ching
Replied On June 17, 2003 12:19 PM

If I can't use DataBoundGrid for sorting, how can I do sorting for GridListControl? Thanks again for all the great forum support.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 17, 2003 01:09 PM

What is your datasource? The GridListControl just displays exactly whst is in your datasource. So, you have to come up with a strategy for sorting your datasource.

Aaron Ching
Replied On June 17, 2003 03:39 PM

My datasource is a simply ArrayList object, similar to the USStates. So I need to do my own sorting algorithms. Thanks.

Gavin Lambert
Replied On January 7, 2004 06:41 PM

Just sort the ArrayList first (before binding it to the control), using its Sort method.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;