We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change in formula cell

I have a formula in a cell and I change one of the cells that is referenced by the formula. I need to be able to know all the cells that changed and their new values. What event can I use to do that and if it is a range of cells can I enumerate over the cells. All the formulas only refer to a single row.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2003 05:15 AM UTC

This is information is currently only available internally to the formula engine. We have the option of exposing an event that is raised anytime a cell changes as the result of a change in another cell, or to just expose a hashtable you could use to pick up a list of cells that depend on a given cell at any point in your code, or possibly both. Would you have a preference? If we do the event, I think it would be strictly a notification event, and not an event that you could use to change the actual results of the cell changes. Would this be a problem for you? Thanks.

MS Martin Squicciarini June 6, 2003 09:15 AM UTC

Clay, Let me give you a little more detail. We are using a virtual grid and using the a dataview as our data source. The dataview can be a default view of the entire dataset or a sorted view. The view contains several formula fields and we have added shadow fields to hold the calculated value. I need a way of updating the shadow fields when ever a formula field changes. I think the notification event would satisfy our needs. What would it take to impliment that and what would the time table be?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2003 11:41 AM UTC

Changes that we are doing now on the formula engine will be in the first point release after the public release of 1.6, or the 2.0 release whichever is sooner. We will add a notification event anytime a formula is computed on a cell. The 1.6 is available as Release Candidate from these links. The final release on 1.6 will likely be the end of next week. Read the release notes: http://www.syncfusion.net/squiffler/patches/v1606/readme.htm Download the 1.6.0.6 installation (~59meg): http://www.syncfusion.net/squiffler/patches/v1606/syncfusionessentialsuitesetup.exe

MS Martin Squicciarini June 10, 2003 02:04 PM UTC

Clay, We just got our license so we should be notified when the next version becomes available.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2003 02:26 PM UTC

Yes.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon