We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ToolStripEx, XPToolBar, MainFrameBarManager

I am rather irritated about the different mechanisms for toolbars in the Syncfusion toolbox.

Can you please explain, when should I use which class? I found no overview page in the documentation regarding these different methods.

Why isn''t there a single class that can be used in all scenarios? That''s control chaos from my point of view.

It seems, you created a new class for every new scenario. Will you create even more toolbar classes for the coming technologies?

From my point of view, it is much better to update the existing classes with the new behaviour, to keep everything downwards compatible.

Of course, different situations require different controls, but a toolbar is a toolbar and if it is customizable, then it is no problem to have a SINGLE main class.

Same applies to the different grid controls.

2 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 6, 2006 11:19 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Our apologises for the delay in updating this thread.

We do acknowledge your suggesion. We normally use single class scenario for controls like DockingManager where we support VS2005 and VS2002/2003 style docking and other features)

XPToolBar is mainly implemented separately because the toolbars created by ChildFramebarmanager will normally merge with main form toolbars (MainFramebarManager). If you want the toolbar to stay in the child form or to be used as a separate bar, you can make use of XPToolBar control. The XPToolBar can be placed inside any container control.

ToolStripEx is derived control from .Net 2.0 ToolStrip to provide additional funtionalities. Hence we have created it as a separate class.

Thanks,
Mano

MA Mario September 9, 2006 06:36 PM UTC

Would''nt it be possible to have property to stop ChildFrameBarManager from merging its bars with the main bar?

If I decide for one toolbar class, I decide against the features that another class has. This is difficult, because I do not know the controls is such detail yet.

When I now decide for one toolbar class, I am sure that in 3 weeks I find a feature in another class that would be good to use but is not available in the class that I have now selected. Then I have a problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon