We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - Events When Double Clicked

Hi,

I am using V 3.2.1.0, GGC.
When we double click on GGC, the events fired in the order are:

_SelectedRecordsChanging
_SelectedRecordsChanged
_TableControlCellClick
_TableControlCellDoubleClick

These will change the record selection also. I want to stop that. I think I can do this by skipping first three events some how.

Is there any event that gets fired before all the above four events? And in which we can identify double click. Or that should get fired only when double clicked (not when single cliked/using arrows etc).

Thanks & Rgds
Rajani Kanth

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Rajani,

Do you want to avoid the selected record changing when doubleclicking a cell?

If so, this will affect the users UI experience. The reason is as follows. The default behavior is to move the selected record on the initial mousedown. This gives the user the immediate feedback on his click. But if you want to wait to see if the user doubleclicks before moving the selected record or not, then the user experiece will be, on the initial mousedown, he sees nothing. On the following mouseup he sees nothings, and there is a wait of SystemInformation.DoubleClick time before it is know whether or not the selected record should be moved. Now it is possible to set this up with a Timer waiting SystemInformation.DoubleClick after the first click to see if the user double clicks or not. But it may not be the UI experience he wants his user to have. Attached is a very rough sample. Notice the delay when you click a record. But if you double click a record no record is selected.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_StopRecordChanging_38abe9e6.zip

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2006 09:50 AM UTC

Thank You Haneef,

Your example gave me clear picture. Thank You..
This may trigger user experience issues. May be we will relook into this later.

Rgds
Rajani Kanth Badri

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon