We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Enter key in Grid

Hi, When the user is in GDBG and presses enter key, its not comming out of the grid, rather its moving to next cell. Is there any way to move the focus to OK button when user presses enter button. Many Thx. Best Regards Ram

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 4, 2003 02:21 PM UTC

There is a Me.GridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Options.EnterKeyBehavior property that controls how the enter key behaves within the grid, but moving to the OK button is not an option. In the 1.6 code base, there is a property that you can set, Me.GridDataBoundGrid1.WantEnterKey = False to tell the grid not to process the enter key. If you set this, then the form will handle the key. If you want to handle this in 1.5.2.0, you could catch the CurrentCellKeyDown event, and if it is the enter key, call the form's acceptbutton. Private Sub GridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellKeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As KeyEventArgs) Handles GridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCellKeyDown If e.KeyCode = Keys.Enter Then Me.AcceptButton.PerformClick() e.Handled = True End If End Sub

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon