We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl and Custom Object Collection

I am utilizing the GridGroupingControl and a custom object model. When utilizing a DataSet with (n) tables and defining relationships between the tables, the GridGroupingControl will automatically build the hierarchy and allow expansion/collapsing of the parent/children data elements.

Is there a way to achieve similar behavior when utilizing a custom object model? It seems to me that the GridGroupingControl relies on the DataRelationCollection of the DataSet in order to generate the hierarchy, and I have not yet determined a way to duplicate the functionality when an object model is implemented.

I know that the GridDataBoundGrid will support custom object hierarchies, but it seems to only work when there is a single parent/child relationship at each level (i.e. parent object has collection of child A objects, which has a collection of child B object, which has a collection of child C objects), but does not work the same when a given parent has multiple children collections at the top level (i.e. parent object has collection of child A objects, collection of child B objects, and collection of child C object).

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2006 04:35 AM UTC

Hi John,

Please refer to the StrongTypedCollection browser sample for more details.
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.37\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\StrongTypedCollection\cs

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

JP John Patterson August 24, 2006 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help!

>Hi John,

Please refer to the StrongTypedCollection browser sample for more details.
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.37\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\StrongTypedCollection\cs

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon