We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can a compiled project be disassembled so that the code be viewed

I do have a compiled project in vb.Net Standard edition. I haven't done anything special when compiling it.I haven't done anything with assemlies or licensing. Is there ANY way someone can disassemble my project and take my code?

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team June 3, 2003 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Unless your assembly is obfuscated it is very simple to decompile it, and there are several free decompilers available. Check out the MSDN docs on obfuscation and related techniques for detailed information and also for the free/commerical obfuscators available. The attached link is for the Essential Obfusctate white paper. Unfortunately, Essential Obfuscate is still in beta and is not available as of this time, but the whitepaper should give you a good idea of the issues involved here. http://www.syncfusion.com/docs/whitep/essential_obfuscate_white.PDF Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon