We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Can a compiled project be disassembled so that the code be viewed

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

4820 Jun 2,2003 10:36 PM UTC Jun 3,2003 05:53 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: FAQ
Peter
Asked On June 2, 2003 10:36 PM UTC

I do have a compiled project in vb.Net Standard edition. I haven't done anything special when compiling it.I haven't done anything with assemlies or licensing. Is there ANY way someone can disassemble my project and take my code?

Prakash S [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 3, 2003 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Unless your assembly is obfuscated it is very simple to decompile it, and there are several free decompilers available. Check out the MSDN docs on obfuscation and related techniques for detailed information and also for the free/commerical obfuscators available. The attached link is for the Essential Obfusctate white paper. Unfortunately, Essential Obfuscate is still in beta and is not available as of this time, but the whitepaper should give you a good idea of the issues involved here. http://www.syncfusion.com/docs/whitep/essential_obfuscate_white.PDF Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;