We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add Reference

I'm wondering how Syncfusion can add their assembly references to the 'Add Reference' dialog in VS. After installing my own assembly into the GAC, there were no entries in the dialog. I found information in the newsgroup and a link to MS(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q306149). But I haven't found any registry keys from Syncfusion. Is there another possibiliy to add the link to my own assembly? Regards Thomas

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2002 02:58 PM UTC

Thomas - We use the technique that is described in the MS link you provided in your post. The key that gets installed is "SyncfusionAssemblies" (under the HKey_Local_Machine tree as described in the article). This path (specified by the default value of the key) points the "Assemblies" folder under the Syncfusion installation directory. Regards, Trampas

TZ Thomas Zueger July 1, 2002 02:36 AM UTC

Hi Trampas The only key I found was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0\AssemblyFolders\SyncfusionAssemblies. I was a little bit confused about your answer, because I haven't found the described key(like as the article). Is the key above an alternative to the key location from MS? Regards Thomas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon