We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl and Static CellTypes

I am utilizing a GridGroupingControl which is bound to an ArrayList of custom objects. In addition to setting the data source of the grid, I am specifying different properties to modify the appearance and behavior of the grid.

One of the items I am (attempting to) modify is the cell type of the record cells. Because the grid is intended to be read-only, I would like to conver the cell types from the default rendered cell types (i.e. textboxes, checkboxes, etc.) to a cell type of "Static".

I am using the following code.

ArrayList list = this.GetSampleData();
this.grdPrimary.DataSource = list;

// turn off the "add new record" row
this.grdPrimary.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails=false;
this.grdPrimary.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails=false;
this.grdPrimary.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails=false;
this.grdPrimary.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails=false;

// make the entire grid read-only, single row selection, other items
this.grdPrimary.Appearance.AnyCell.ReadOnly=true;
this.grdPrimary.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode=SelectionMode.One;
this.grdPrimary.Appearance.RecordFieldCell.CellAppearance=GridCellAppearance.Flat;
this.grdPrimary.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType="Static";
this.grdPrimary.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ReadOnly=true;

// get rid of the unnecessary header items
this.grdPrimary.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader=false;
this.grdPrimary.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption=false;

There are no unhandled exceptions being generated, and the other items process as expected. For instance, even though the "Static" cell type is not being applied, I cannot modify any values in the grid due to the "read-only=true" being specified.

Can you tell me what might be causing the GridGroupingControl to ignore the call to set all Record Field Cells to ''CellType="Static"'' and rendering as the default editor controls?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 22, 2006 05:11 AM UTC

Hi John,

By Default, the Static CellType will display text that cannot be edited. You can select it to make it the current cell but, the cell cannot be activated for editing. Static cells can be deleted by the user if the static cells are part of the selection when the delete key is pressed. (To prevent this deletion behavior, set static cells to Read-only.) Static cells may also include an image in addition to the text. Try the below code snippet.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType="Static";

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCArrayList_f06c2b68.zip

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

JP John Patterson August 22, 2006 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

That seems to resolve my issue. Thanks for your help!

>Hi John,

By Default, the Static CellType will display text that cannot be edited. You can select it to make it the current cell but, the cell cannot be activated for editing. Static cells can be deleted by the user if the static cells are part of the selection when the delete key is pressed. (To prevent this deletion behavior, set static cells to Read-only.) Static cells may also include an image in addition to the text. Try the below code snippet.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType="Static";

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCArrayList_f06c2b68.zip

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon