We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with deserialization of 2 like views

Hi, I have a form with a docking manager on it. I have several forms that I have created for docking. If i create only one instance of each of these forms show them and dock them in different positions, on serialization and deserialization everything works fine. However, if I create 2 instances of the same form type and dock them, say one floating and one docked in my host form, I get funny behavior. On deserialization typically both of those forms of the same type will be docked, thus losing my floating behavior as was before serialization. Any ideas?? In general if i have 2 instances of a form hosted by the docking manager I'm having serialization problems. Thanks in advance! Rachel

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team June 3, 2003 04:43 PM UTC

Hi Rachel, The DockingManager uses a dockable control's Control.Name property as the hash ID during serialization. If your dockable controls (forms in your case) are being dynamically created, then make sure that each of these has an unique value for the Name property. Prakash Syncfusion

Loader.
Up arrow icon