We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

restore column

Hi:
I''ve a problem on grid column, when I try to resize the width of column , and if I click on the blackline between 2 columns , i can resize it, and it I overlap the line with the line of the previous column line , the whole column disappear and there''s no way I can see this column again, it''s been shrunk. how can I restore the column?
thanks
Pam

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 10:02 PM UTC

If you double click the line where the column that you sized down to zero is located, the hidden column will re-appear.

XI xiaojie August 18, 2006 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Clay:
thanks for replying, i tried but it doesnt work...
are there other ways? when i double click on the line the previous column got expanded.. and the column i want to see is still missing..
thanks
Pam

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 01:48 PM UTC

Double clicking works in a GridControl. Are you using a GridDataBoundGrid? If so, you will have to handle an event to unhide the column. You can use grid.ResizingColumns as below to make a double click unhide the column.

private void gridDataBoundGrid1_ResizingColumns(object sender, GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Reason == GridResizeCellsReason.DoubleClick
&& e.Columns.Left + 1 <= this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount
&& this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[e.Columns.Left + 1])
{
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[e.Columns.Left + 1] = false;
}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon