We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to override painting for headers?

Hi, What is the way to override painting for the headers, including my own drawings of the background and the interior? Here are my codes: protected override void OnDrawCell(GridDrawCellEventArgs e) { if (e.RowIndex == 0) { MyDrawBackgroundMethod(...); MyDrawInteriorMethod(...); } else { base.OnDrawCell(e); } } This is ok for RowIndex > 0 but not for the header cells. I have already set this.BaseStyleMap["Header"].StyleInfo.CellType = "Static". What else should I do to take over the header painting? Thanks for helping again. Aaron

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2003 05:51 AM UTC

After doing your header drawing, set e.Cancel = true to tell the grid not to continue with its default drawing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2003 10:41 AM UTC

FYI - In 1.6 there is also a new DrawCellBackground event that should also help with this. Stefan

AC Aaron Ching June 2, 2003 06:44 PM UTC

Thanks for both your comments. 1.6 is still not available in the download. Is there an ETA? We can't wait to get our hands on it. Thanks again guys.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon