We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merge Columns in Datagrid

Hi Clay.Another one here. Can I merge two columns in datagrid. Thanx a lot.

1 Reply

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team June 28, 2002 10:38 AM UTC

It is fairly straight-forwward to make a cell blank if it has the same value as another one, but you still see the gridlines. Trying to do away with the gridlines would be difficult in a datagrid. Syncfusion's Essential Grid does allow youto cover cells so several cells behaves like a single cell. To make a DataGrid cell blank if it is the same as the one above it, you could derived a custom columnstyle and not draw the text if the value is the same as the cell above it. Here is a C# snippet that shows the Paint override that you could use. You can see how to derive a custom column style in the FAQ referenced below. public class DataGridTextMergeColumn : DataGridTextBoxColumn { protected override void Paint(System.Drawing.Graphics g, System.Drawing.Rectangle bounds, System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager source, int rowNum, System.Drawing.Brush backBrush, System.Drawing.Brush foreBrush, bool alignToRight) { if(rowNum > 0 && this.GetColumnValueAtRow(source, rowNum) == this.GetColumnValueAtRow(source, rowNum - 1 )) { g.FillRectangle(backBrush, bounds); return; } base.Paint(g, bounds, source, rowNum, backBrush, foreBrush, alignToRight); } } George Shepherd's Windows Forms FAQ contains an entry entitled: How can I restrict the keystrokes that will be accepted in a column of my datagrid? Check it out at: http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/755.asp

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon