We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with binary files

Hi,

When I open a binary file(*.zip) with a size over 1 Mb in the EditControl, the control loads the file extreamly slow and scrolling is also very slow.

When I select text an exception occures:
Additional information: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. ParamName: startIndex
bei System.String.ToCharArray(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.IO.StreamsWrapper.GetParsePoint(Int32 line, Int32 column, IParsePoint& leftNearest, IParsePoint& rightNearest, Boolean create)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.IO.StreamsWrapper.GetParsePoint(Int32 Line, Int32 Column, Boolean Create)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Parser.LexemParser.GetParsePoint(Int32 iLine, Int32 iColumn)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Parser.LexemParser.GetCoordinatePoint(Int32 iLine, Int32 iColumn, Boolean bTrackPosition)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Parser.LexemParser.GetCoordinatePoint(Int32 iLine, Int32 iColumn)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Parser.LexemParser.GetNearestParsePointLeft(Int32 iLine, Int32 iColumn)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.StreamEditControl.GetNearestParsePointLeft(Int32 iLine, Int32 iColumn)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.StreamEditControl.StartSelection()\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.StreamEditControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.IntelliScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)\r bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.StreamEditControl.WndProc(Message& m)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)\r bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()\r bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()\r bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)\r bei SyncfusionEditTest.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:Zeile 81."

I use Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.2.0.37. A text file works fine. What can I do to increase Speed of the EditControl when binary files are displayed?

Greets, Michael

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 02:42 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Our apologies for the delayed response. These issues have been fixed internally. However when I was testing for these issues using the latest assemblies I was able to see a problem. I have notified the development team regarding the new problem and have logged a bug report Defect #2526 on this, and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below :

Defect #2526 - System.Exception is thrown when binary file is loaded in EditControl. 

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R.

MI Michael August 18, 2006 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Manohari.R,

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Michael

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon