We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LoadSoap for GridDataBoundGrid

We are using Syncfusion 4.1.0.62.
My questions are as follow:
1- Currently, do you support serializing the layout information for GridDataBoundGrid? If yes what is the syntax?
I used the following where "_SourceGrid" is GridDataBoundGrid.
this._SourceGrid.Model = GridControl.LoadSoap(@"c:\mygrid.grd");

2- More complicated case is inside another GridDataBoundGrid (_ActionGrid) I have vertical radioButton that derived from GridRadioButtonCellModel. When I try to load _ActionGrid I got unhandled exception:
The type Doble.FApplication.ProTesT.VerticalRadioButtonCellModel in Assembly ProTesT, Version=1.0.241.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=null is not marked as serializable. Is there something that I need to add in derived class to make it serializable?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Najmeh,

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Issue 1:

You can use this code snippet to load the layout information to databound grid.

this.grid.Model= GridModel.LoadSoap("layoutinfo.grd");

Issue 2:

To serialize the derived cell model, you need to add the serializable attribute to the cell model class and override de-serialize constructor in derived cell model class.

[Serializable]
public class MyRadioButtonCellModel : GridRadioButtonCellModel
{
public MyRadioButtonCellModel(GridModel grid): base(grid)
{}
public override GridCellRendererBase CreateRenderer(GridControlBase control)
{
return new MyRadioButtonCellRenderer(control, this);
}

//Deserialization constructor.
protected MyRadioButtonCellModel(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context): base(info, context)
{}
}

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RadioButtonSerailize_e0a57f4c.zip

Thanks,
Haneef

NJ Najmeh Joze-khajavi August 9, 2006 08:48 PM UTC

Thank you very much for the sample code. The second issue with GridRadioButtonCellModel and serializing has been solved. But I have hard time understanding Save/Load Soap. I see this problem both in my application as well as your sample code. In your sample code I changed the column width of the first column and clicked on SaveLayout button. Exit and ran the sample again and clicked on LoadLayout. All the data and headers in the GDBG got disappeared. Of course the width of column has been preserved but I have to have the data too. It seems I need to set the DataSource again after loadSoap to get the data back. I haven''t done this successfully. Any suggestion?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Najmeh,

We are looking into this issue and will get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Haneef

NJ Najmeh Joze-khajavi August 11, 2006 09:34 PM UTC

Hi Haneef

Did you get any information regarding this issue?

>Hi Najmeh,

We are looking into this issue and will get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2006 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Najmeh,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The LoadSoap and LoadBinary methods are intended to serialize the GridModel. For that reason, they only really fully serialize the GridControl class.

There are no methods exposed in our library that fully serialize the GridDataBoundGrid. If the you needs this, then you would have to serialize things yourself.

Here is a forum link with a sample that shows how you can serialize column layout and size.
http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=3967

Here is a sample that shows how you can serialize Datasource(custom collection).
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ISerializeSample_42c2a964.zip

Let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Haneef

NJ Najmeh Joze-khajavi August 17, 2006 01:30 PM UTC

I am disappointed that Syncfusion doesn''t support Load/Save Soap for GridDataBoundGrid specially when in my original posting I emphasis on GridDataBoundGrid four times to not mix up with GridControl. Since I had seen http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=3967
before I posted my original message. Anyhow Thanks for clear it at last.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon