We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting by display member for DataBoundGrid for 4.1

Is the default sorting behavior of a GDBG with a dropdown column on value member instead of display member has been resolved in version 4.1. I cannot use a foreign key column as the grid I am using is generically used at no of places will not be able to hard caode the column names directly.

Thanks,
Sachin

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Sachin,

Please refer to the DataBoundSortByDisplayMember sample in the Syncfusion browser samples shipped with the product.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1\Windows\Grid\Samples\DataBound\DataBoundSortByDisplayMember

The aboove sample has a solution for sorting a column by its display member instead of the value member of the column.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajagopal

SB Sachin Bamel August 7, 2006 08:55 PM UTC

Hi,

As I said I earlier cannot use the code in the sample as I am setting the styleinfo.Displaymember & styleinfo.valuemember of the view instead of 2 different columns in a view as explained in the sample. Also I cannot hard code the column names as it is generic code.

Thanks,
sachin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon