We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I set the textured background of a chart

How do I set the textured background of a chart.

Attached is an xls file where I drop data using your xlsio component.

I HAVE to parse the charts when the template is loaded so that I can set the chart title, series labels, and axis labels (localization requirement).

OR
How do I set the color of the chart background - (I think I can pitch no texture to the Powers that be)

aperfbyperiod.zip

4 Replies

RC Robert Chapman August 2, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

It took 4:01 to delete 903 rows - I NEED something more efficient than that!

>How do I set the textured background of a chart.

Attached is an xls file where I drop data using your xlsio component.

I HAVE to parse the charts when the template is loaded so that I can set the chart title, series labels, and axis labels (localization requirement).

OR
How do I set the color of the chart background - (I think I can pitch no texture to the Powers that be)

aperfbyperiod.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 3, 2006 02:07 PM UTC

Hi rob,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential XlsIO. Currently it is not possible to set the textured background of a chart.But you can set color to chart background by using the following code snippet.

[c#]

//Setting color to chart.
shape.ChartArea.Interior.ForegroundColorIndex=ExcelKnownColors.Lavender;

Here is a sample for your reference:

chart.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

JB Jerome Brown April 20, 2007 05:16 PM UTC

WAS:
chart.ChartArea.Interior.BackgroundColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.White

IS: chart.ChartArea.Interior.ForegroundColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.White

Nope...
It's still gray. Other than the counter intuitive property name... What else am I missing here?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team April 23, 2007 07:54 AM UTC

Hi Jerome,

I am afraid. I was not able to reproduce the issue. The chart area background color is white and not gray. Here is the test sample that I used to test this issue.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/47332/main.htm

Would you be so kind to look up the above sample and let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue? This would help me in investigating this issue further.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon