We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to control over the event CurrentCellClosingDropDown after GDBG lostfocus??

Hi,
In a GridDataBoundGrid (Hierarchy grid),
After clicking on the unbound dropdown column, the event "CurrentCellShowingDropDown" is actived.
In that child grid I activated the "cell double click" event to do the foloowing thing:
when doing double click on a row in that child grid , a new form is openning , but when I leave
the child grid and move to that window , the grid loosing it''s focus and the drop down is closed. I would like the drop down to stay open until the user click on the unbound drop down column again.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 07:21 AM UTC

Hi Anat,

You can use these method to show the dropdown in a grid.

//Call the this method in child grid new Forum''s Paint event
this.gridControl1.Focus();
this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.ShowDropDown();

Let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Haneef

AN Anat August 4, 2006 12:35 PM UTC

>Hi Anat,

You can use these method to show the dropdown in a grid.

//Call the this method in child grid new Forum''s Paint event
this.gridControl1.Focus();
this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.ShowDropDown();

Regards,
Haneef

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for your reply.
For my hierarchy GridDataBoundGrid I did a "GridRefresh" method which fills a dataset from the database every one minute and if the data has changed since last time , it rases an event which updates the datasource of the GridDataBoundGrid.
When the user clicks on the unbound drop down column, I stopped the "GridRefresh" and when the user closes the grid, I begin the "GridRefresh".
The user can not update the values in the GridDataBoundGrid(it is read only) , but he can update a specific column by double click on that cell in the second hierarchy grid level and then a windows form is opened.the window forms has a richtextbox that the user can write a text , and then the database is updated in that form.
The problem is that when the user clicks on the new opened window, the grid lost it''s focus and the drop down is closed . I would like the drop down not to be closed when the grid lost it''s focus and that the selected cell value will change to the value that the user entered in that new opened window form.
the problem is that the grid lost it''s focus when the user write the text in that new window form and then the dropdown is closed.
I would like the dropdown to stay open and to update the selected column with the value that the user entered in the new window richtextbox.
Thanks,
Anat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2006 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Anat,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to this Issue. We are looking into this issue and will get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Anat,

Do you want to show the form without losing the grid focus? If so, Please refer to the browser samples \In depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample shows how you can popup a Form from a grid cell.

Thanks
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon