We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Export to Excel without formula

Hi,

Is it possible to run an export from a Grid to Excel but just exporting the values of the cells rather than the Formulas. I need to do this because I have some custom forumlae which don''t exist in Excel and it just throws an error during the export routine.

cheers
Marcus

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Marcus,

I have created the sample as per your requirement .Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if you are trying something different.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DemoProj_f4636a34.zip

Let me know if this helps.
Best Regards,
Haneef

PB Philip Bishop December 2, 2015 02:19 PM UTC

Is this sample still available?  I tried using the link and it says it's not found.

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team December 2, 2015 06:51 PM UTC

Hi Philip,

We don’t have that particular sample now. Here I have attached a sample achieving the similar requirement. You can prevent exporting the formula alone by handling  ‘QueryImportExportCellInfo’ event. Here is the code,

Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl();

gecc.QueryImportExportCellInfo += gecc_QueryImportExportCellInfo;

gecc.GridToExcel(this.gridControl1.Model, saveFileDialog.FileName);

void gecc_QueryImportExportCellInfo(object sender, GridImportExportCellInfoEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Action == GridConverterAction.Export)

{

if (e.GridCell.CellType == GridCellTypeName.FormulaCell && e.GridCell.HasFormulaTag)

{

e.ExcelCell.Value = e.GridCell.FormattedText;

e.Handled = true;

}

}

}

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/47121/ze/Export-1348171742

Regards,
Christo

PB Philip Bishop December 4, 2015 03:29 PM UTC

Christo,

I'm having some issues making that work in VB.  Could you send me a VB sample?  I've converted all the code but can't seem to get one line to work.

Thanks.

Phil

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team December 4, 2015 09:01 PM UTC

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the update.

I have converted the sample to VB code. Here is the code,

Private Sub button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles button1.Click

Dim gecc As New Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl()

'hook this event to handle the exporting/importing style settings

AddHandler gecc.QueryImportExportCellInfo, AddressOf gecc_QueryImportExportCellInfo

'other codes

End Sub

Private Sub gecc_QueryImportExportCellInfo(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridImportExportCellInfoEventArgs)

If e.Action = GridConverterAction.Export Then

If e.GridCell.CellType = GridCellTypeName.FormulaCell AndAlso e.GridCell.HasFormulaTag Then

e.ExcelCell.Value = e.GridCell.FormattedText

e.Handled = True

End If

End If

End Sub

Sample: Export_VB

If we handle the ‘QueryImportExportCellInfo’ event, the other style settings (Eg. BackColor, Text color etc.. ) will be ignored. If we need that, we need to assign the needed style particularly.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,
Christo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon