We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

combined Charts

In Excel it is possible to assign for dataseries a separate chartype than for the whole chart eg. the whole chart is AREA chart and Series 2 is a line.

but the Interface iChartSeries has no property for assigning the different chart type.

Is this possible with your engine?

best regards,

Kai

8 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 12:45 PM UTC

Hi kai,

Thank you for your interest in Essential XlsIO. Yes, it is possible to assign a seperate chart type for dataseries. Use the following code to set seperate chart type for dataseries.

[C#]

//Line Series type
serieOne.SerieType=ExcelChartType.Line;

[VB]

''Line Series type
serieOne.SerieType=ExcelChartType.Line

Here is a sample for your reference:
ChartType

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

KW Kai Wachter July 28, 2006 09:42 AM UTC

Thanks Melba for your fast response.

Is it possible to format the series also (Linecolor, backgraound color, Fillpattern etc)?

best regards,

Kai

>Hi kai,

Thank you for your interest in Essential XlsIO. Yes, it is possible to assign a seperate chart type for dataseries. Use the following code to set seperate chart type for dataseries.

[C#]

//Line Series type
serieOne.SerieType=ExcelChartType.Line;

[VB]

''Line Series type
serieOne.SerieType=ExcelChartType.Line

ChartType

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 28, 2006 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Kai,

Thank you for your interest in Essential XlsIO. Yes it is possible to format the series also. Use the following code snippets to set line color, background color and fill pattern.

[C#]

//setting Line Color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.LineProperties.LineColor=System.Drawing.Color.IndianRed;

//setting Back ground color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.BackgroundColorIndex=ExcelKnownColors.Pale_blue;

//Fill pattern
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.Pattern=ExcelPattern.ForwardDiagonal;

[VB]

''setting Line Color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.LineProperties.LineColor=System.Drawing.Color.IndianRed

''setting Back ground color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.BackgroundColorIndex=ExcelKnownColors.Pale_blue

''Fill pattern.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.Pattern=ExcelPattern.ForwardDiagonal

chart_color.zip

Regards,
Melba

KW Kai Wachter August 2, 2006 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Melba,

but this does not work for 3d charts. If the general Chart type is column_stacked_3d and you make one series to Line_3d the whole chart is Line_3d.

best regards,

Kai

>Hi Kai,

Thank you for your interest in Essential XlsIO. Yes it is possible to format the series also. Use the following code snippets to set line color, background color and fill pattern.

[C#]

//setting Line Color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.LineProperties.LineColor=System.Drawing.Color.IndianRed;

//setting Back ground color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.BackgroundColorIndex=ExcelKnownColors.Pale_blue;

//Fill pattern
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.Pattern=ExcelPattern.ForwardDiagonal;

[VB]

''setting Line Color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.LineProperties.LineColor=System.Drawing.Color.IndianRed

''setting Back ground color.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.BackgroundColorIndex=ExcelKnownColors.Pale_blue

''Fill pattern.
serietwo.SerieFormat.SerieDataFormat.AreaProperties.Pattern=ExcelPattern.ForwardDiagonal

chart_color.zip

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 3, 2006 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Kai,

Excel does not support 3D combination charts.Can you please refer to this link.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 3, 2006 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Kai,

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EXX823/QN620422111.htm

Regards,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Melba,

thanks for your reply. But i found another problemm where you can guide me through.

When i set the Areapattern of a series, it is automatically applied to all series, even also when i reset it for the other series. All series have the same areapattern. Is this a problem of my implementation or a bug

best regards,

Kai
>Hi Kai,

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EXX823/QN620422111.htm

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 08:38 AM UTC

Hi kai,

Use the following code snippet to format particular series.

[C#]

// Setting pattern.
serietwo.DataPoints.DefaultDataPoint.DataFormat.AreaProperties.Pattern=ExcelPattern.LightUpwardDiagonal;

chart_pattern.zip

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon