We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to make a Grouping Caption text to overlap next cell to display the entire text, if it is not wide enough to have the whole text?

Hi,

In our application, we are displaying Grouping Caption for each group. When the column is not wider enough to have the entire text, how can I display the entire caption, so as to overlap it to the next columns?

Regards,
Prathima.

8 Replies

PV Prathima Venkobachar July 25, 2006 01:04 PM UTC

Hi,

Further to the previous message, we are using Syncfusion Grouping Grid Version 3.3.0.0.
So, is it possible to have the group header caption span across two or three columns?

Regards,
Prathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 25, 2006 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Prathima,

Thanks for your update. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue here. If you can send us some relevant screen shots/Sample, we can work on this issue.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.
Regards,
Haneef

PV Prathima Venkobachar July 25, 2006 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for the response. I have attached herewith a snapshot of a portion of my application.

The group caption is shown in the first column (after +/- button) and starts with "AU", "BE", etc.

The width of this column is so small that the entire caption is not visible. Is it possible to display the group''s caption by spanning across three cells so that the caption starts with the column where it is displayed now but ends with the column named "Asset"?

Regards,
Prathima

Snapshot0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Prathima,

Thanks for your Screenshot.

Please set the following property to control the behavior of text allignment in a GroupCaptioncell.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Appearance.GroupCaptionCell.HorizontalAlignment = GridHorizontalAlignment.Center; //align

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.
Regards,
Haneef

PV Prathima Venkobachar July 26, 2006 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I tried the horizontal alignment property, but its not spanning to the next columns. Still its not displaying the entire header text.

Regards,
Prathima.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2006 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Prathima,

Could you please send us the InitializeComponent() method and GroupCaption/ColWidth setting code snippet, so that we can analysis the problem and get back to you at the earliest.

Thanks,
Haneef

PV Prathima Venkobachar July 28, 2006 05:47 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for your reply, Pls find the attached document.

this document contains the code snippet for initializing the grouping grid.

Regards,
Prathima.

Grouping Grid.zip

PV Prathima Venkobachar August 3, 2006 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Can U pls suggest a solution for the above discussed problem? I need to fix this at the earliest.

Regards,
Prathima.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon