We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LoadDockState

We have run into a problem trying to load the state of docking controls using Syncfusion 4.2.0.37. Our application has an OverviewControl that is docked to the mainform in the designer and is initially hidden on load. An Invalid Cast assertion is raised in the method DocToFormController in DockingMgr.cs during the call to LoadDockState. This same code worked correctly in 4.1.0.50.

Attached is a modified version of the DiagramBuilder sample that shows this problem. To reproduce the problem, do the following:

1. Open the DiagramBuilder
2. Close the DiagramBuilder (to save the docking state)
3. Open the DiagramBuilder again.

You don''t even need to open the OverviewControl to see the problem.

We are using VS 2005 with .Net 2.0. We would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris C.

DockState1.zip

5 Replies

CC Chris C July 21, 2006 07:50 PM UTC

I have one more piece of information that I just discovered. The problem only occurs when the OverviewControl is initially docked under the Property Editor or the Symbol Palette. It does not occur when it is docked at the bottom center, under the diagram area.

Chris

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 22, 2006 12:59 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

We were able to reproduce the issue here using 4.2.0.37.I will update you with more details later.

Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
Joy

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 07:35 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the inconvinence caused. Our latest source code is free from this issue. I will let you know when our next patch is released.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

CC Chris C July 25, 2006 06:41 PM UTC

Thanks so much for your quick repsonse. Is this fix available in the 4.1.0.60 service pack release that is available through Direct-Trac. If so, could you please provide a key so we can download this service pack?

Thanks in advance for your help?

Chris C.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team July 26, 2006 12:00 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the inconvinence caused. The patch is going to be released in this week. So you can get it.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon