We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Scrolling Issues

Hi - I'm having a couple issues with version 1.5.2 of the grid. Problem #1, as you can see in the attached picture, moving the scrollbar all the way to the right doesn't scroll the grid all the way to the right. Problem #2, if you scrub the scrollbar all the way to the right, then all the way back to the left, then click in the body of the scrollbar, the columns jump and look like their overlapping, as in picture #2. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2003 01:08 PM UTC

After populating your grid in a manner that might change the row/column count (like swapping out a DataSource), try calling grid.UpdateScrollBars to make sure the scrollbars get updated to use the new row/column count. You also may have to call grid.Model.ResetVolatileData prior to updating teh scrollbars.

IP Ivan Pelly May 23, 2003 05:13 PM UTC

I'm not changing the datasource after setting it. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't fix either problem. BTW - I am changing the order of some of the columns before displaying the grid (using Grid.Model.Cols.MoveRange...) Would you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2003 10:47 PM UTC

Are you hiding columns as well? The picture suggests that scrollbars/grid layout have not been updated to reflect the actual display. Are you doing any special sizing of the grid clientarea or dynamically sizing columns in anyway. If so, after you do this, you might try the UpdateScrollBars call and maybe a call to this.gridDataBoundGrid1.PerformLayout. If you can post a sample project showing the problem, we cn try to spot what is causing it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 01:27 AM UTC

Hi, I am using 1.5.2.0 Databound grid. I have set my own column widths and assigned a datatable as data source. I am clearing the rows and loading more rows as part of my initialization code. It has a few hidden columns and row headers are hidden. My child form which contains this grid is shown as part of Tabbed MDI. When the grid is shown intially, the grid horizontal scrollbar is not updated properly (pic1.jpg). If gives the following exception when the horizontal scrollbar thumb is dragged. If I resize the window or click the scroll right button, the grid updates the horizontal scrollbar. Also, when I move the horizontal scrollbar, it scrolls the thumb and none of the columns move for a while (pic2.jpg). After that it starts scolling the columns horizontally. I tried calling dataBoundGrid.UpdateScrollBars() and dataBoundGrid.PerformLayout(). It did not work. Any ideas? thanks, - Reddy -------------------------------------------- See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: '0' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'. at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ReflectScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollBarWrapper.set_Value(Int32 value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnHScroll(Object sender, ScrollEventArgs se) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ScrollEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollBarWrapper.OnInnerScroll(Object sender, ScrollEventArgs se) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.OnScroll(ScrollEventArgs se) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ReflectScrollBar.WmReflectScroll(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollBarWrapper.WmReflectScroll(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WmHScroll(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/microsoft.net/framework/v1.0.3705/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- Safertek.UFactory.Client Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.UFactory.Client.exe ---------------------------------------- Safertek.UFactory.Client.Core Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.UFactory.Client.Core.DLL ---------------------------------------- Safertek.Tools Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.Tools.DLL ---------------------------------------- Safertek.UFactory.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.UFactory.Windows.Forms.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll ---------------------------------------- log4net Assembly Version: 1.1.1.33753 Win32 Version: 1.1.1.33753 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/log4net.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Shared Assembly Version: 1.5.2.0 Win32 Version: 1.5.2.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.shared/1.5.2.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.shared.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Grid Assembly Version: 1.5.2.0 Win32 Version: 1.5.2.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.grid/1.5.2.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.grid.dll ---------------------------------------- Safertek.UFactory.Shared Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.UFactory.Shared.DLL ---------------------------------------- Accessibility Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Tools Assembly Version: 1.5.2.0 Win32 Version: 1.5.2.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.tools/1.5.2.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.tools.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll ---------------------------------------- Safertek.UFactory.Client.Crm Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/dev/UFactory/UFactory.Client/Client/bin/Debug/Safertek.UFactory.Client.Crm.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Data Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll --------------------------------------------

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 07:15 AM UTC

Dis you also try calling grid.Model.ResetVolatileData before calling UpdateScrollBars?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 07:21 AM UTC

Reddy, are you also moving columns in addition to hiding some others? The reason to try calling ResetVolatileData is that the original scrollbars are created when your grid is added to the TabPage's Controls collection. And if you do this through the designer, this is before the grid's own properties are set through the designer. So, the initial scrollbar settings may not reflect the grid's initial setting.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 10:21 AM UTC

Can you also try with the 1.6 beta? We did some fixes with scrollbars. When rows/columns were hidden and/or also moved sometimes they went out of sync. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2003 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Clay, I tried calling dataBoundGrid.Model.ResetVolatileData(); dataBoundGrid.UpdateScrollBars(); dataBoundGrid.PerformLayout(); It did not help. My datagrid has some hidden columns, but I am not moving any columns yet. I will have to download 1.6beta and try. When is the actual release data of 1.6? thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2003 07:33 AM UTC

We don't have a release date for the 1.6 yet other than it should be soon. We consider the grid code in the current beta to be release code for the grid. The actual 1.6 release is waiting on 1 new control to be completed and tested.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2003 04:46 PM UTC

Hi, I have downloaded and tried 1.6.0.6 rc version. The scrollbar initially is still showingup small. After I click on the left/right scroll button, it is getting adjusted properly. It is scrolling fine after that. in 1.5.2.0, the scrollbar used to just move and columns used to move after a while(I have some hidden columns). This bug looks like is fixed. But my initial scroll problem still exists. Any pointers? thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2003 05:45 PM UTC

Is there any way you can reproduce this problem in a sample so we can see it here?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon