We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - ShowCaption bug?

I have this in my code: GGC.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false; However, the top level Caption is still shown. Is there another property I should be using? Also, in my Child Group Captions I want to display the value of the grouped column cell. I could have some code like this: if(e.Style.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell) { GridCaptionRow capRow = e.Style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridCaptionRow; Group g = capRow.ParentGroup; if(!g.IsTopLevelGroup) { e.Style.CellValue = groupColCellValue; } } but I''m not sure how to getgroupColCellValue. Any recommendations?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2006 11:59 AM UTC

I am not sure why your ShowCaption is not working. Below is a sample where it seems to be working OK. You might check your code to see if you might be resetting it to True after code that set it to False was hit. Regarding your second question, you can use QueryCellStyleInfo to set that caption text, but you can also do it by just setting a property. The sample below has this property set and it also shows the code you can use in QueryCellStyleInfo to set the value if you want to do it that way. this.gridGroupingControl1.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = "{Category}"; http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/WindowsApplication17_bebbdfb.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon