We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding BarItems takes a long time

Hi there, We have an MDI application - the parent form has a MainFrameBarManager, and the child forms have ChildFrameBarManagers. Each time a child form is opened, in InitialiseComponent(), we create and initialise the required BarItems. We have noticed that adding each BarItem takes a long time as it checks that the ID is unique. This is causing a sizable delay in opening child forms. Is there any way around this? Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

3 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to see the delay with the following code this.mainFrameBarManager1.Items.Add(this.barItem); I have logged a bug report # 2362 in this regard. You can track the progress of this issue at this link below : Defect #2362 - BarItems take long time to load when added Dynamically. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.We will fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. 2.In the present scenario of XPMenus FrameWork, it does not allow the same BarItem''s ID if the BarItems added to a BarManager.Please specify a different unique name to the barItems in the BarManager. Thanks for your patience. Please let me know if you have any questions. Regards, J.Nagaraj

TR Terence Rossow July 10, 2006 06:42 AM UTC

We are specifying ID''s unique to the bar manager instance (not globally in the application though). However, IsValidItemID is always called, and will always take the maximum processing time if the ID is unique (as it has to check each and every item). Possibly a hash table of the ids would speed this up? Cheers, TERRY

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 10, 2006 05:48 PM UTC

Hi Terry, We regret for the inconvenience caused. I was able to reproduce this issue with BarItem ID. We have forwarded this issue to our development team and will update you regarding this at the earliest. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, J.Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon