We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl

How do i do this in gridgrouping ccontrol I have a Dataset with two tables Table1 ColumnA, Column B Table2 ColumnB,Column C,Column D There is a relation between Table1.ColumnB and Table2.ColumnB. I would like to group by Table1.ColumnA and display the data in hierachial view in gridgrouping control

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

Hi Shankar, Try this code snippet to add the grouped columns in a grouping grid. Here is a code snippet. this.gridGroupingControl1.ShowGroupDropArea = true; GridTableDescriptor gdr = this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("Table1"); gdr.GroupedColumns.Add("ColumnA",ListSortDirection.Ascending); Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian July 7, 2006 08:14 PM UTC

It didn''t work. runtime error. gdr is null DataSet newDs = new DataSet(); newDs.ReadXml("c:\\Shankar\\Group1.xml"); this.gridAttributes.ShowGroupDropArea = true; gridAttributes.DataSource = newDs.Tables[0]; GridTableDescriptor gdr = this.gridAttributes.GetTableDescriptor("Table1"); gdr.GroupedColumns.Add("Columna", ListSortDirection.Ascending);

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2006 08:22 PM UTC

Hi Shankar, The reason is that you are misspelled the table name. In general, GetTableDescriptor method takes the table name as the argument. can you please double check your DataTable name?. Let me know if i am missing something. Try this code: GridTableDescriptor gdr = this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor(ds.Tables[0].TableName ); ///Or this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("ColumnA",ListSortDirection.Ascending); Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon