We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

unable to get the page numbers

hi, am unable to get the page number with "#p;". It was fine if I generate document with Grid model, but it was not with Flow model. And, one more is how to get the total number of pages. I want to display for each page like "Page 1 of n, page 2 of n, ......" Thanks in advance, Sharat.

4 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Sharat, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. 1) In Grid model to get page number of the current page use #p; and to get the total number of pages you can use #P; Here is the sample which does the above and displays footer with Page X of Y format: GridModel.zip You can also get the total page number using the following code. doc.pages.count; 2) You can get the page number in flow model too using #p; and #P; Here is a sample for doing this in flow model: FlowModelSample.zip However please note that the #p; symbolic representation has its limitation it can only be used with TemplateArea. Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Ajish.

SB Sharat Babu July 4, 2006 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Ajish, Thanks for your response, it was working fine with TemplateArea. Thanks, Sharat. >Hi Sharat, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. > >1) In Grid model to get page number of the current page use #p; and to get the total number of pages you can use #P; > >Here is the sample which does the above and displays footer with Page X of Y format: GridModel.zip > >You can also get the total page number using the following code. > >doc.pages.count; > >2) You can get the page number in flow model too using #p; and #P; > >Here is a sample for doing this in flow model: FlowModelSample.zip > >However please note that the #p; symbolic representation has its limitation it can only be used with TemplateArea. > >Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish.

RR Robert Rhoden July 21, 2006 06:47 PM UTC

Does #p; and #P; also work in Visual Basic? I have tried to do this and it just shows a blank space where the page numbers should be.

>Hi Sharat,
>
>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.
>
>1) In Grid model to get page number of the current page use #p; and to get the total number of pages you can use #P;
>
>Here is the sample which does the above and displays footer with Page X of Y format: GridModel.zip
>
>You can also get the total page number using the following code.
>
>doc.pages.count;
>
>2) You can get the page number in flow model too using #p; and #P;
>
>Here is a sample for doing this in flow model: FlowModelSample.zip
>
>However please note that the #p; symbolic representation has its limitation it can only be used with TemplateArea.
>
>Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.
>
>Thanks,
>Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 07:00 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

The Symbolic constants #p; and #P; to display page numbers will work on VB.Net applications too. However note that the #p; symbolic representation has its limitation it can only be used with TemplateArea.

Here is a sample for your reference:
Page Numbers.zip

Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon