We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combo Click Event...

Hi, For a cell, I''ve assigned a ComboBox to its celltype. I want to get its onclick event, but it should not be combo button custom control. Please advice me, how should I do it. Thanks & Regards, Sathish.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2006 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Sathish, For click on a textbox part of the combo box cell: You can use the GridComboBoxCellRenderer.TextBox''s click event to catch the single click on the text part of the comobox cell in a grid. Here is a code snippet. //Form Load GridComboBoxCellRenderer cr = this.gridControl1.CellRenderers["ComboBox"] as GridComboBoxCellRenderer; cr.TextBox.Click +=new EventHandler(TextBox_Click); private void TextBox_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { Console.WriteLine("clicked"); } For click on the dropdown button of the combo box cell: To catch the single click event of the combo box cell dropdown button in a grid , you need to handle the grid''s CellButtonClicked .Here is a code snippet. //Form Load. this.gridControl1.CellButtonClicked += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellButtonClickedEventHandler(this.gridControl1_CellButtonClicked); private void gridControl1_CellButtonClicked(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellButtonClickedEventArgs e) { if( e.Button is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellComboBoxButton ) Console.WriteLine("Welcome" + e.Button ); } Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

CH Clive Hill July 6, 2006 12:08 PM UTC

Did this work? If I set up the following: GGC.TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventHandler(GGC_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown); and then have this: private void GGC_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e) { //Use this method to popualte the drop down GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell; GridComboBoxCellRenderer cr = cc.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer; if( cr != null) { cr.TextBox.Click +=new EventHandler(TextBox_Click); } } When I click on an item in the drop down TextBox_Click method is not trigerred.

CH Clive Hill July 6, 2006 01:03 PM UTC

If I do: cr.ListBoxPart.Click +=new EventHandler(ListBoxPart_Click); Instead the event is captured. Unfortunately, there doesn''t seem to be a way to get reference to the cell this event originated from to update the displayed text.

CH Clive Hill July 6, 2006 04:32 PM UTC

Actually, GGC.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord.GetValue can be used. I now update the value from ListBoxPart_Click using the QueryCellStyleInfo. If I change the selected item in drop down the display text isn''t updated (it is set correctly using e.Style.Text though) until the user clicks on anything else other than that cell. Is there a way to get the text to refresh immediately?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 07:32 PM UTC

Hi Vito, Here is a code snippet which demonstrates a way to update the grid cell, when the user selected a value in the dropdown. Updating the selected value in the QueryCellStyleInfo event would cause a performance issue. I hope this code helps to solve your issue, kindly update us more details if your requirement is different. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown(object sender, GridTableControlPopupClosedEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell; GridComboBoxCellRenderer cr = cc.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer; Record r = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecord; if(r!=null) { object value = cr.ListBoxPart.SelectedValue; if(value != null) { r.SetValue("Col0",value); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(cc.RowIndex)); } } } >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon