We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is Automatic Font and line spacing supported?

Hello. I am considering purchasing your Suite package and I have stumbled across an issue with Essential PDF. I need to know if it supports automatic line spacing and font sizing if I tell it what to put within a certain region. So if I have a 100 pixel by 100 pixel box (or region), will Essential PDF figure out the best line spacing and font for me, or do I have to do the math myself? I''m trying to create a series of charts in a PDF file using pie charts and then align the text next to the charts. For an example of what I''m trying to do, go here: https://www.ftjfundchoice.com/AccountServices/StrategyOverviews/SAPPortfolio.pdf See how some charts that have less funds in them have bigger font sizes and greater line spacing then charts with a lot of funds. I have tried to create everything in chart software, but the text in the legend gets too hard to read because I have to put 5 models on a page just like in the PDF listed. Please let me know either way. Thanks guys...

7 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 30, 2006 12:19 AM UTC

Hi Dallas, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. I couldn''t open the link in the previous update. Can you please send the PDF file as attachment in this forum. Thanks, Ajish.

DS Dallas Sehlhorst July 3, 2006 12:30 PM UTC

Sorry you couldn''t open the file. Have a nice holiday! Thanks...

SAPPortfolio.zip

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 07:50 PM UTC

Hi Dallas, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It is possible with combination of Essential Chart and Essential PDF. I will provide you with a sample by tomorrow. Thanks, Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 12:12 AM UTC

Hi Dallas, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here is sample for your reference created with the file send to us: PieChart.zip Please take a look and let me know if you any questions. Thanks, Ajish.

DS Dallas Sehlhorst July 12, 2006 04:13 PM UTC

Ajish, thanks for the Windows forms sample. I agree that the EMF file format is the way to go. Since it is vector based it is easy to see and print in a PDF. The problem is that I need this to work in a Web app and ChartControl doesn''t work. ChartWebContrl is the only chart that I can use apparantly. I need to create the chart dynamicaly in the APSX page and then stream it to the PDF software. I''ve tried everything I can think of, saving the Image (which defeats the EMF file) streaming it to memory (I get a GDI+ error). Is there a way to get your example to work in a Web application? thanks in advance for your time. Dallas

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 12, 2006 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Dallas, Yes, we do have options to use the chart control in web application. I will provide you with a sample within a day. Thanks, Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 17, 2006 11:55 PM UTC

Hi Dallas, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here is a sample to import chart to pdf in Asp.net environment. Sample: PieChart.zip Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Ajish,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon