We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Toolbar MouseOver equivalent event

What event is firing when the user hovers the mouse over a toolbar item? I'd like to trap it and have the same event fire on another toolbar item.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2002 06:01 PM UTC

The BarItem.Selected event will be fired when a mouse hovers over a toolbar item. I didn't get the other part: same event fire of another toolbar item? -Praveen Ramesh

SH Sam Horton June 27, 2002 06:35 PM UTC

I'm trying to mimic the behavior of the Outlook 2002 toolbar item shown in the attachment. Any suggestions much appreciated! (I also asked the wrong question -- I see the selected event fire; what event is firing when the button is no longer selected and can I intercept it?)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2002 05:07 PM UTC

The ParentBarItem's Tooltip and ImageIndex property should be updated based on the context. The framework will then take care of showing the tooltip and the right image for you. -Praveen Ramesh

SH Sam Horton June 29, 2002 01:28 AM UTC

Yes, and it does when changed. The difference is in behavior. By default if one clicks any part of the button the list drops down; I'm going to write code to change that so that it behaves like the Outlook 2002 control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2002 07:27 PM UTC

Sam, Set the ParentBarItem's ParentStyle to ParentBarItemStyle.DropDown. This will give you the Outlook style behavior. -Praveen

SH Sam Horton July 11, 2002 10:08 AM UTC

> Sam, > > Set the ParentBarItem's ParentStyle to ParentBarItemStyle.DropDown. > > This will give you the Outlook style behavior. > > -Praveen Thank you very much, Praveen!! Works great!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon