We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

2 cells having border, a thick border in between them

Hi Syncfusion team, Let''s say I have 2 cells, both next to each other. Each of them having a thin border. The 2 cells now have a thick border in between them. I can programmatically make it such that if either one side of the cell already have border, don''t display a border on the neighbouring cell. However, this is quite a complicated task. I was wondering if you have a better suggestion.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Leow, If your cells are alternative, then by checking the even / odd columns or rows and setting Border property accordingly will be helpful. Please provide us more details, it will helpful for us to solve the issue exactly. private void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) { if( e.ColIndex %2 == 0) e.Style.Borders.All = new GridBorder(GridBorderStyle.Solid,Color.Black,GridBorderWeight.Thin); } Best regards, Madhan

LK Leow Kah Man June 29, 2006 12:33 AM UTC

Thanks. That would work if I have borders for every cell. What if on column A (odd column), I have border, but B doesn''t? If either one has, it should show only one. It would be great if you guys can introduce a boolean property into GridControl, like ShowOnlyOneSideBorder. :)

LK Leow Kah Man June 29, 2006 01:17 AM UTC

>If either one has, it should show only one. Correction to the above statement: If either one has, show that one. If both have, show only one.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 02:07 AM UTC

Hi Leow, Here is the sample with ShowOnlyOneBorder property. I hope it helps to solve your issue. Sample : GC_ShowOnlyOneSideBorder Best regards, Madhan

LK Leow Kah Man June 29, 2006 07:06 AM UTC

Excellent, thank you. Will you guys be putting this as a feature in future versions of GridControl?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2006 12:50 AM UTC

Hi Leow, If we have enough requests, we will have this as a feature request and get it in the upcoming releases. Thanks, Madhan

HE Hugo Estevam Romeu Longo November 11, 2009 07:48 PM UTC

Can you please fix the link problem? I'm having the same problem!

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 12, 2009 12:06 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update. We have reported the issue with our website team and will fix it soon.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon