We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple form documents

It seems as though whenever I have a document with multiple forms in it, all my form field names are evaluated as null. Should multiple forms be an issue?

7 Replies

JN John Nassar June 21, 2006 08:16 PM UTC

Actually, this file does not even have multiple forms and my code still reads all names as null. If I open the PDF in Adobe 7 professional, the fields are named. Here is a short code sample to produce the issue. //Read a pdf file and edit form fields. PDFDocument ldoc = new PDFDocument(@"C:\LBNYLD1.PDF"); IPDFForm form = ldoc.Form; //Loop through the Form Fields collection in the PDF document foreach (Syncfusion.Pdf.IPDFField SPIField in form.Fields) { if (SPIField.Name != null) { listBox1.Items.Add(SPIField.Name); } else { listBox1.Items.Add("Null Name"); } } ldoc.Close(); >It seems as though whenever I have a document with multiple forms in it, all my form field names are evaluated as null. Should multiple forms be an issue?

LBNYLD1.zip

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 23, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Hi John, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. I was able to see the problem and it has been identified as bug and I have filed a bug report regarding this issue. Please track the status of this issue from the following link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2269 Thanks, Ajish.

JN John Nassar June 26, 2006 06:47 PM UTC

Ajish, My manager is really pushing me to put this project to rest. Do you have an ETA on this fix? Thanks. John > >Hi John, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. I was able to see the problem and it has been identified as bug and I have filed a bug report regarding this issue. Please track the status of this issue from the following link. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2269 > >Thanks, >Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 03:31 PM UTC

Hi John, Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send you an update as soon as possible. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 09:32 PM UTC

Hi John, Please try this updated assembly for testing the fix Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.zip This fix will also be included in a service pack release that will be available shortly. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi John, > >Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send you an update as soon as possible. > >Thanks, >Ajish.

JN John Nassar June 28, 2006 01:54 PM UTC

Thanks guys! That worked perfect! Do I need Adobe Pro installed on the box that will deploy to? Everything works fine on my box but when I deploy I''m getting a "can''t load file or assembly Syncfusion.core" >Hi John, > >Please try this updated assembly for testing the fix > >Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.zip > >This fix will also be included in a service pack release that will be available shortly. > >Thanks, >Stephen. > >>Hi John, >> >>Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send you an update as soon as possible. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 28, 2006 05:59 PM UTC

Hi John, 1) Essential PDF is a .NET library that is built from scratch in C# and it does not use any external libraries. It does not need Adobe pro to be installed for creating PDF using Essential PDF. However please note that you need to have a PDF viewer [Adobe reader] installed in order to view the generated PDF file. 2) Check if you have the following assemblies in your bin folder Syncfusion.core [v4.2.0.37] syncfusion.Pdf [v4.2.0.37] let me know if you still find with some problems. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon