We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataGridColumns created at run time don't auto fit initialy

Hi, I am trying to use a single GridDataBoundGrid to display the result of queries to different tables. I have created an array of GridBoundColumn for each type of query and depending of the query the user is issuing, the appropriate GridBoundColumn[] is loaded in the grid with "this.myGrid.GridBoundColumns.AddRange(myColumns)". The first time the grid is displayed, the column header shows the header text wrapped (ex: "my first header" is shown as "my First" and "header" on a second line). If I issue the same query again, the column then resizes and shows the whole text header on a single line...

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2003 06:45 PM UTC

You can explicitly autosize things by: 1) set this.myGrid.AllowResizeToFit = false; to turn off the grid's auto resizing (so your explicit resizing will not be stepped upon). 2) After setting the data into the grid, call this.myGrid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Row(0), GridResizeToFitOptions.IncludeHeaders);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon