We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - Getting DataSource

I set the GridGroupingControl''s (GGC) DataSource property to be a DataTable with columns defined, but no rows. (The idea being to retrieve this at a later date to add rows.). This is set with following code: dataGrid.DataSource = underLyingDataTable; If I immediately retrieve the data source using: object ds = dataGrid.DataSource; ds is undefined. Any ideas why this happens? (I do the same thing with DataBoundGrid and it works as expected.)

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2006 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Clivito, I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. Please let me know the version number of Studio you are testing this with and the .Net version. Thanks for using Syncfusion Product. Regards, Haneef

CH Clive Hill June 20, 2006 06:03 PM UTC

My bad... for DataBoundGrid I was doing the following: ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(dataGrid)).BeginInit(); dataGrid.SuspendLayout(); when building up the grid. For GridGroupingControl this has te effect of making the DataSource come back as null for some reason. This works now.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon