We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC sort header

When you drag a column name to the "drag a column here to sort by that column" area a header is created for each set of grouped items that is the value in the name of the column. I want to be able to set this text to a description when the user sorts by a certain column. I know I can use the GGC_QueryCellStyleInfo event to set this text but I need to set this header text when I am populating the data not when the user drags this column. Is there a way to set this before the user does a sort?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2006 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Rich, The Group CaptionText can be customized using the TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText property (gridGroupingGrid.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = "{CategoryName}: {Category}";). But this customizes the text for all the groups. I am not sure how you can set the caption text for a particular group (by a column) before it was grouped. If you can explain the scenario and why the QueryCellStyleInfo event is not elegant then we can suggest a better way. Also please refer to the below forum thread to see if that helps. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43171 Regards, Calvin.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2006 03:52 PM UTC

Hi Calvin, Thanks for the quick reply. I have one column "Type" and when the user sorts by that column I want to add to the header a description for that "Type". There are many rows that will belong to the same "Type" and I don''t want to add an extra column to contain the desription for a type since it will be all the same description. I have the description for each "Type" when I am creating each row in the grid and wondered if there was some way to set this up at that point. I guess I can always save the description and use it when the GGC_QueryCellStyleInfo is fired. Just wondering if there was some other way to do this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 15, 2006 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Rich, I believe handling the QueryCellInfo event will be the only best way for the mentioned scenario. The description can be stored in a hash table with the “Type” column value as the Key and it can be retrieved in the QueryCellInfo handler. Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon