We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

how to locate a certain row

I want to use the GridControl to display some infomation and let users to select one certain row by tracking the change of a input textbox.But I can't find a available method of the grid to locate the wanted row .Is there some easy way to do this? thanks.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2003 07:39 AM UTC

GridControl does have a Find/Replace capbility (see the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\GridPad sample, the Edit menu).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2003 10:55 AM UTC

Here is another sample that searches rows based on values typed into a textbox. Is this what you wanted?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2003 11:36 PM UTC

Thx Clay. I run the GridPad sample,but the Find/Replace menu keep deactivating.How to active the menu?I have explored the code,however,it seems there is no code to handle the event of the find/replace menu click.Would you please give me the sample you mentioned?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2003 06:14 AM UTC

The sample I mentioned in teh previous response was attached to that response. But it is for a GridDataBoundGrid using Filters so I am not sure if it will hit you. But attached to this repsonse is a little sample that uses the Find support in a GridControl to locate values in a column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2003 11:09 PM UTC

The 3946_find is what I want.But When I compile the code I receive the following error messages: ------------------------------------------------ The type or namespace name could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) The type or namespace name could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) ------------------------------------------------- And I can't find GridFindReplaceDialogSink and GridFindReplaceEventArgs in the Object Explorer of the IDE.The GridControl version I evaluate is 1.5.0.0.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2003 07:06 AM UTC

These methods and properties have been added in a later version. If you open a direct trac incident on the support site we can give you access to a later eval. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2003 10:59 PM UTC

I have got the update file ,but during the es_1.5.0.0_to_1.5.2.0_sp installation,it showed me "Syccfusion Essential Suite does not appear to be installed on this machine".Actually,I have installed the 1.5.0.0 version.Didn't I get the right update file?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 21, 2003 08:02 AM UTC

Those update files on work for the licensed version, not the eval versions. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon