We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Debug build problems

I built "User Mode Debug" versions of the Syncfusion libraries and noticed a couple of issues when running with them instead of the prebuilt version: - GridDataBoundGrid does not seem to correctly pick up the background color from cell styles - instead the background color of the grid shows through the cells. Unless it''s in design mode, where it behaves differently. - An assert is triggered when I call SaveDockState(). Apparently this just fails silently with the normal DLLs. It ends up not writing the dock state to the file as a result of this. The reason I built in debug mode was to figure out why this was occurring. The call stack for the underlying exception: syncfusion.tools.windows.dll!Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SizingController.get_Floating() Line 84 + 0xb bytes C# syncfusion.tools.windows.dll!Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.GetSerCurrentDI() Line 2014 + 0x1a bytes C# syncfusion.tools.windows.dll!Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DHCSerializationWrapper.DHCSerializationWrapper(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController dhc = {Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController}) Line 211 + 0xd bytes C# syncfusion.tools.windows.dll!Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingMgrSerializationWrapper.DockingMgrSerializationWrapper(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager dmgr = {Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager}) Line 110 + 0x23 bytes C# syncfusion.tools.windows.dll!Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.SaveDockState(Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer serializer = {Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer}) Line 3585 + 0x17 bytes C# I''m able to catch this in the debugger, and it seems that .ParentController is null. I don''t really know how to make heads or tails of that information, and I haven''t had much luck distilling this case down to a simpler application.

5 Replies

BC Ben Carter June 5, 2006 09:52 PM UTC

On the GridDataBoundGrid, it appears that the problem is that the default value for the background color is Control, but the designer believes that the default is Window (and then fails to generate code to set it when the color to Window.)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Regarding the Backcolor issue in GridDataBoundGrid: Thanks for your feedback. The scenario, you have faced is due to the precedence level. In general, if you set the backcolor, the transparentbackground property will be false ( back color excluding headers).To display the backcolor of the grid, you need to set the TransparentBackground property to true. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.TransparentBackground = true; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.BackColor = Color.PaleGreen; You have seen the window''s control color because grid takes the color from Properties.BackgroundColor property for drawing the client area. Description of Properties.BackColor: Color of the area below the last row and right of the last column inside the grid window. Here is the code snippet this.gridDataBoundGrid1.TransparentBackground = false; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Properties.BackgroundColor = Color.Red. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best Regards, Haneef.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Ben, 2.Regarding Assertion issue in SaveDockState. Could you please let me know the version of EssentialStudio and .net framework which you are using? Also please ensure that you have set Name property of controls before calling SaveDockState.This property is internally using by DockingManager to persist information about docked controls. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Joy

BC Ben Carter June 9, 2006 01:22 AM UTC

>Hi Ben, > >2.Regarding Assertion issue in SaveDockState. > >Could you please let me know the version of EssentialStudio and .net framework which you are using? We are using version 1.1 of .NET. This is with version 4.1.0.62 of Essential Studio. >Also please ensure that you have set Name property of controls before calling SaveDockState.This property is internally using by DockingManager to persist information about docked controls. Everything in the docking manager has its Name property set. The exception is an access violation / null pointer reference (in .NET terms, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.") where a dockcontroller doesn''t have a parent. The stack trace is what I showed in my first post. This exception gets caught and "SaveDockState failed" returned, if I am understanding the code correctly.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 9, 2006 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Ben, Sorry for the inconvenience caused.We were able to figure out the cause of that issue and have fixed that.Our next patch will contain the fix. Thanks for your co-operation. Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon