We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filterbar

Hi, I have a databoundgrid with a column set to combobox - the datasource of the dropdown column is a dataview, the ValueMember is an integer, and the DisplayMember is a string. When the filter bar is set, it lists in the drop down the ValueMembers - is there anyway to have it list the DisplayMember instead? If the grid is using ComboBoxes to provide lookup values, its not very useful having a list of the underlying user-unfriendly data in the filter bar. Thanks Jeremy

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 11:51 AM UTC

This is on our list of things to add. Currently, you would have to derive GridFilterBar to implement this functionality. It would take some coding to get things fully implemented through a derived class. It is too late to get this into the upcoming 1.6 release, but we will try to have it for the first point release after that.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 12:29 PM UTC

I'm already deriving from the Filterbar class. However, I can't determine at what point the drop down is filled - which event should I be looking at? Thanks Jeremy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 03:15 PM UTC

Its done in WireGrid. There are several technical points that need to be handled to do things in general. Attached is a incomplete project I started this morning to try to gauge how difficult this would be in a derived class. It seems to work as long as you are just filtering the single column, but fails when you try to add filters from other columns.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 03:38 PM UTC

Clay Thanks very much - works like a dream Regards Jeremy

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 08:02 PM UTC

I changed CreateEntries to the following. It now works with filters in multiple columns Protected Overrides Function GetFilterFromRow(ByVal grid As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid) As String Dim filter As String = MyBase.GetFilterFromRow(grid) Dim rowIndex As Integer = Me.GetFilterRow Dim gbcc As GridBoundColumnsCollection = CType(IIf(grid.GridBoundColumns.Count = 0, grid.Binder.InternalColumns, grid.GridBoundColumns), GridBoundColumnsCollection) Dim a As String() = filter.Split("["c) For Each gbc As GridBoundColumn In gbcc Dim fieldName As String = "[" & gbc.MappingName & "]" If filter.IndexOf(fieldName) > -1 Then If gbc.StyleInfo.CellType = "ComboBox" AndAlso Not gbc.StyleInfo.DataSource Is Nothing AndAlso gbc.StyleInfo.ValueMember <> gbc.StyleInfo.DisplayMember Then Dim colIndex As Integer = grid.Binder.NameToColIndex(gbc.MappingName) Dim row As DataRow = CType(grid(rowIndex, colIndex).CellModel.BindingContext(grid(rowIndex, colIndex).DataSource).Current, DataRowView).Row Dim s As String = row.Item(gbc.StyleInfo.ValueMember).ToString Dim s1 As String = row.Item(gbc.StyleInfo.DisplayMember).ToString For i As Integer = 0 To a.Length - 1 If a(i).IndexOf(gbc.MappingName) > -1 Then a(i) = a(i).Replace(s1, s) End If Next End If End If Next filter = String.Join("[", a) Return filter End Function Jeremy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon