We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tooltip out of GridStaticCellRenderer

hi i've inherited from GridStaticCellRenderer and overwritten OnDraw, OnMouseHover and OnHitTest(returns 1). depending on the mouseposition in OnMouseHover i've to popoup a Tooltip. - means it shall change text according to the x,y position in the cell. is there (any) a "good" way to do this ? harald

6 Replies

HE Harald Egerth May 14, 2003 11:32 AM UTC

The only way i've found up to now is to attach a ref to the tooltip object in the tag property of the GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs in QueryCellInfo event. is there a better way to do this ? harald

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2003 11:57 AM UTC

The upcoming (any day now) 1.6 release has a style property CellTipText that you can set to show a cell tip when the mouse hovers over the cell. So, with 1.6, you would not need your custom cell type. If you are using a GridDataBoundGrid, since this grid does not store cell-specific properties, you would have to use PrepareViewStyleInfo or QueryCellInfo to get the CellTipText into the cell specific style (even in 1.6). This is sort of what it sounds like you are doing now. If you are using a GridControl in non-virtual mode, you could explicitly set the Tag property so you would not have to use one of these events. But with a GridDataBoundGrid, you do have to handle one of these events. There is another way to show cell tips that does not require a custom cell. It is explained in this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Grid/Grid_c31c.asp#q552q

HE Harald Egerth May 15, 2003 07:01 AM UTC

... 1.6 ... seems to be worth waiting for ;) still i need the renderer. the cell shows productiondata (plant,start,end) as bargraph (gant-chart) so there are many horizontal bars according to underlying data in one cell. there is no space to show the exact (start/end)time - so when the mouse hovers over one of the bars in the cell i want to popup the tooltip. i have to activate and disable the tooltip whenever the mouse enters/leaves one of this bars. see the jpg (its preliminary not formatted ...) just to show my point. thanks for reply. i will check 1.6 and i have used the information of your link. at the moment i support the tooltip ref with the data to the cellrenderer as explained above. cellTipText seems to be a way to set the text, but can i switch the tooltip active and deactivate it. harald

HE Harald Egerth May 15, 2003 07:05 AM UTC

cannot post my jpg it has 50k and the uploaddialog tells me it should be < 2048k ???? sincerely

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 11:52 AM UTC

It must be a zip file.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 11:58 AM UTC

Have you thought aboout using the KB technique to do this? The sample just triggers the celltip when you move from cell to cell. But there is nothing special about the cell bounds being the trigger. I think you could refine this to trigger the tip when you move from one area of a cell to another area of the same cell. You would just have to have a way to distinguish which part of the cell you are over.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon