We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Upgrade and soap

I have recently upgraded Diagram and I am having issues with loading a diagram saved in soap format from the previous version. I am getting a "Parse error, no assembly associated with Xml key". This is due to the new Diagram assembly not matching the version that was saved. What is the safest way to upgrade my saved diagrams to a newer version?

3 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 26, 2006 02:47 PM UTC

Hi, Please open your diagram file with visual Studio IDE and remove the version dependencies for the Syncfusion assemblies if any. And after that try opening this file in the diagram application. Please let me know if you still run into this problem. We will be glad to assist you. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Meera.

TL Truman Lackey May 30, 2006 04:07 PM UTC

Well what I have done is created a wrapper class to save multiple diagrams. I used savesoap to save a diagram to a stream and then in the wrapper class the stream is serialized as an array of bytes. Now when I updated to the recent version of syncfusion I received xml key errors when I deserialized the stream. So I created a binder like this NotInheritable Class VersioningBinder Inherits SerializationBinder Public Overrides Function BindToType(ByVal assemblyName As String, ByVal typeName As String) As Type Dim typeInfo As String() = typeName.Split(".") Dim className As String = typeInfo(typeInfo.Length - 1) Dim t As System.Type Select Case className Case "SymbolModel" Return GetType(SymbolModel) Case "NodeCollection" Return GetType(NodeCollection) Case "LayerCollection" Return GetType(LayerCollection) Case "Layer" Return GetType(Layer) Case "LabelCollection" Return GetType(LabelCollection) Case "FillStyle+FillType" Return GetType(FillStyleType) Case "BitmapNode" Return GetType(BitmapNode) Case "Polygon" Return GetType(Polygon) Case "Line" Return GetType(Line) Case "HandleEditMode" Return GetType(HandleEditMode) Case Else Return Type.GetType(String.Format("{0},{1}", typeName, assemblyName)) End Select End Function This allowed me to deserialize the wrapper class. Now I am running into an exception on LoadSoap which is "Parse Error, no type with Xml key a 1 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram+DiagramDoc Syncfusion.Diagram" My diagram in soap is attached. I am upgraded from I think vers 2 something of syncfusion diagram.

soapdiagram.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 06:59 AM UTC

Hi, I am sorry about this delay in getting back to you. And as for this issue, I was able to view the condition and have logged QA report on this. The report id is # 2209. You can see the report details using web based tracking system - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/diagram/Default.aspx Thanks, Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon